Hey hey everyone!
Today I bring you a couple of tips to look slimmer! I do think everyone is beautiful in their own shape, but I also know we all want those tricks to appear thinner!!!
1. Know your body! If you know your body type and shape it becomes much easier to dress in a way to disguise what you want. Also, this way you can know what looks and doesn’t look good on you! Just stand in front of the mirror, naked (yes I know…you probably haven’t in a while and it will get some getting used to it) and look, but really look at yourself. See if your waist is smaller in comparison to the rest of the body…is your lower part bigger or are you bigger on top? Just take the time to really look at yourself!
2. Wear the right number! I cannot stress this enough! Sometimes girls buy jeans that are way to small just because they don’t want to go up a number…but really, who cares about your size? Plus, sizing varies by brand…I’m a steady 42-44 in H&M, yet in Zara I won’t even fit a 44! It’s all about the cut. But if you wear something that is to small, you’ll end up uncomfortable and with a muffin top. So if it doesn’t fit, size up (or down if it is big!). Also, in order to avoid the dreaded muffin top choose high-waisted fits instead of low rise. They will keep everything tucked in and “muffin” free!
3. Choose a wrap dress! (pictured bellow). It will make you look much smaller as it gives you the illusion of a smaller waist! Specially fuller women should absolutely try out this type of dresses or shirts! I was kindof skeptic to try it out, and now I love it! But beware, too much details in the waist might make Apple-shaped women appear larger as they draw attention to the middle area!
4. Create a line! Be it with nude heels when you’re legs are bare or black tights with a black skirt, dressing monochromatic sort of creates a line that elongates you and,therefor, makes you appear thinner (and taller!)
5. Enhance your best features! If you have a tiny waist use a belt to cinch in your outfits and enhance your waist! While people are looking at that tiny waist, they’re not looking at your thighs! Or, if you have great legs, show them off with a slightly shorter skirt or shorts! Just know what to enhance and what not to.
6. Choose the right length! The length of a skirt or dress might make you look 5 kg heavier or not! A skirt should hit at the smallest part of your leg! Say, if you have big knees (like me…) your skirt should hit right under the knee, where your leg is smaller! If you have small knees, you can shorten it up a bit and still look lean!
7. Know how to choose heels! I’m a curvy girl…I feel like a stiletto (while very stylish) doesn’t look good on me. They just look…well…weird! Make me look like I have tiny feet in comparison to the rest of my body. Now, bear in mind that this is MY own personal opinion! I prefer going for a slightly chunkier heel (not to chunky though) or even better, a wedge! If you are a skinny and petite girl, wearing some wedges might make your legs look like chunks of wood! (again, personal opinion!)
8. Take advantage of your make-up! Yes, make-up might make you look thinner as well! It’s all about the light (I feel like Tyra Banks when I say this! =P) If you have a fuller face, just trick others into thinking you have cheek bones by swapping some bronzer! (make a fishy face and swap it into your hollows!) or add highlighter on your brow-bone and the attention will go there!
9. Accessorize wisely!!! Yes, earrings and necklaces can help you appear thinner or fuller! If you want the attentions to go away from your upper arms, put on some cute and stylish bangles on your underarm (do you say underarm?) or a colorful watch and the attention goes away from your upper arms! If, like me, you want the attention to go to your face put on some stylish and cute earrings! (I cannot tell you how many times I got complimented on some earrings and how they made me look thinner!). A great bag can also do the trick!
10. Posture!!! Beware of your posture Ladies (and Gentlemen!). Being all frumpy will make you look shorter and not lean at all!!!
BONUS Tip: SMILE! Yes, smile! While you are sporting your gorgeous smile, no one is looking at your thighs or your arms or even at what you’re wearing! Be kind and above all, be yourself!!! But never forget that smile! =D